Sunday 18 December 2011

White choc chip and cranberry cookies



We are off to our church community Christmas party this afternoon, and we have all been asked to bring something to share.

We are on a fairly limited (ok none existent) budget at the moment (meaning we are living on the air of God's provision and the little bit left on our credit card).

Normally I would just turn up with nothing, when I feel stretched at every post like I do currently, but I am learning to challenge myself in my generosity. 

This being the case I needed a no fail, no faff recipe that I wasn't going to have to throw out because I had mucked it up.

I have used this Chocolate Chunk Cookie recipe from Joy of Baking, a thousand times (ok I exagerate) but it IS my favourite basic cookie mix recipe.  

I REALLY like this site, especially the tested recipes, as they never fail.  I mean I have NEVER had a failure with any of them, and I can be a fairly creative and hair brained cook.

I won't repost the recipe because that is just redundant.


Here are the things I changed...

*  I used self raising flour so omitted the baking soda (or bi-carb as the rest of the world calls it). 

*  I added 60 gr of dried sweetened cranberries

*  White choc chips INSTEAD of chocolate chunks

*  Mine seemed a little sticky so I added a bit more flour.  
My gauge is when it just about stops sticking to my hands when I roll, so not too much, just a little.

Here is how they turned out.



Scrumdiddlyumptious to the max

Or perhaps I should wait and see what others think later on.





Pin It

2 comments: